How do you look at your clients?
Do you look at them as a one time sale? Or do you look at them as a client for a life time?
The truth is, that when you work with a client and then never acknowledge them again, it’s likely that they’re going to be just a one time customer. On the other hand, if you work with someone and then immediately hook them into a follow-up program where there is consistent and regular contact with that person, they will likely return again and again and also refer other people to you as well.
It all boils down to the fact that everyone loves to feel appreciated.
I cannot stress enough how important it is to keep in touch with your clients on a regular basis. In fact, it is crucial to your business if you want repeat clients and referrals?
So, how can you ROCK at client follow up? How can you show genuine appreciation to your clients without having to spend loads of time?
The answer is this. . . Get a follow up program set in place in which each individual that you work with are plugged into immediately after your first encounter. Here is an example of a greeting card follow up program that is very effective.
1. Immediately after working with client – send a thank you card letting them know that you appreciated working with them.
2. Every quarter, send them a greeting card letting them know you’re thinking of them and appreciate their business. This reminds them that you are ready and available to help them whenever the need for your product or service arises.
3. Insert a business card inside so that they are easily passed along to referrals.
4. *Bonus – If you have access to their birthdate, sending them a birthday card is a tremendous way to keep connected. The more personal you are the better! Who doesn’t love to get a birthday card?
5. *Extra Bonus – Automate this whole process! There are companies out there who have the system all ready set in place for you. You don’t even have to lift a finger (other than providing your client list and dates). If you would like more information about this just call 801-294-0888
Why greeting cards? Let me just give you a quick insight as to why greeting cards work so well in following up with clients.
- Greeting Cards are very personal.
- Greeting Cards get opened and read immediately because they’re not perceived as junk mail.
- Greeting Cards have longevity – people do not throw them away as quickly as they would an advertising piece. They either hang around on a countertop for a while or get set up on a mantle or shelf.
- Greeting Cards are a gentle non-threatening way to remind clients about you and ask for referrals.
The bottom line is that clients will stick to you like glue if they feel appreciated. Keeping in touch like this will increase client loyalty and ensure that you will have a consistent flow of clients in your pipeline now and for many years to come.
by Brenda McEwan
Leave a Reply